An excellent opportunity for a practice-trained chartered accountant, seeking to develop commercial experience in industry.
An Irish-owned success story, the company are a publicly listed company trading on the New York Stock Exchange, and maintain a strong relationship with their investors and with the broader investment community. Market cap circa $200m.
This international shipping and logistics company has developed the very best operating practices, outstanding customer service and operational efficiency. A solid financial foundation supports well-timed growth and the agility to seize new opportunities.
Financial Accountant, Cork city
The Financial Accountant will be involved in the financial reporting requirements for this international business. The role will ideally fit a recently qualified accountant who is commercially focused with ambitions of financial leadership in time.
Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant
• Support the month end close process
• Maintain sub-ledgers schedules and post monthly journals
• Upload and review monthly reports from technical managers
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Ensure financial records are in compliance with US and Local GAAP
• Compliance with SOX requirements
• Preparation of tax computations and liaising with external tax advisors
• Preparation of monthly OPEX report and liaising with the OPEX team
• Prepare statutory audit/accounts for select entities
• Assist with external reporting requirements
• Liaise with internal and external auditors
• Support the decision-making process by challenging commercial decisions from a financial perspective
• Other ad-hoc projects
TalentSphere Recruitment Solutions
Dublin: 01 531 3535