Finance and Accounting Associate
This person will be an integral part of the Ireland Finance and Operations Team that has responsibilities for accurately validating and processing customer orders. The successful candidate will be responsible for the “entire” revenue/order cycle beginning with the sales quote and concluding with the acknowledgement of payment. This person will interact daily with Customers, as well as Sales and Finance personnel across multiple locations and with the company headquarters in the USA. With a strong finance background the candidate will support the Finance & Operations team in Reporting and Controlling activities and projects on a local basis.
• Maintain cross-functional relationships with Sales, Sales Support, Sales Operations, Customer Service, Accounting, Operations, etc. to ensure the accuracy and integrity of each business transaction.
• Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms and conditions in accordance with licensing standards. Maintain the integrity of all customer, contact, and installed product databases.
• Follow all established export control polices regarding end use and end user controls.
• Confirm revenue is properly recorded by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are shipped, invoiced.
• Preparation and reporting of deferred revenue cycles.
• Maintain all pertinent documentation needed to properly invoice the customer including P.O.’s, sales tax, ship to and bill to information, etc.
• Ascertain that revenue is booked to the appropriate Sales Territory and work collaboratively with accounting to ensure proper payments are made to the Sales organization. Administer “commission splits” using proper management channels within Sales and Sales Operations.
• Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, electronic transfers, etc. Manage a customer portfolio by actively initiating outbound calls striving to maintain a adequate DSO.
• Develop and generate monthly reporting metrics and routine revenue reporting by revenue class, license type, sector, location, product, and industry reports, metrics and value-added analyses to support the local management for regular business analyses.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects within the finance and operations team as required.
• Bachelor degree required with an accounting, business studies and/or finance concentration
• Prior work experience in an accounting role, finance,Accounts Receivable or operations required
• Must be detail oriented, accurate, and able to provide solid audit trails
• Must possess excellent communication, organization, follow-up skills and a hands-on attitude
• Ability to support local management and sales operations in a seamless manner
• Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
• Proficient in a computerized environment: MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, MS PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Additional skills with Enterprise Reporting Applications (Salesforce Business Objects, Oracle EBS) a plus
• Understanding and preferably experience with General Ledger functions: (SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc.) a plus
• Credit and collection experience a big plus
• High technology software industry or experience in a US Multinational company is a plus and transaction database experience a plus
TalentSphere Recruitment Solutions
Dublin: 01 531 3535