Based in Galway (Galway city east)
• Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for a number of European Entities.
• Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for bank, fixed assets, payroll, accruals etc.
• Prepare payroll and reconcile on a monthly basis for European employees.
• Prepare VAT returns and intrastate returns for European Sales Entities.
• Liaise with European Accounting firms on tax issues and statutory reporting.
• Advise and assist European Regional Director in any finance related issues or needs.
• Sales Reporting and Analysis.
• Ability to prepare and analyse data and create reports for management.
• Ensures accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting.
• Provide support for internal and external audits.
• Proposal and development of continuous improvements using lean tools to existing processes and procedures where appropriate.
• Ensure SOX 404 compliance for functional area of responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provide input for KPIs.
• Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained.
• Assist in special financial analysis reporting and projects, as required.
• Performs a variety of other related accounting tasks, as required.