This is an opportunity to work in the Irish HQ in Citywest, Dublin 24.
Group Financial Accountant
Purpose of Role
- is a global leader in healthcare advisory, communications, commercial, clinical and packaging.
- Employs 9,000 people across 26 countries
- Is headquartered in Ireland, listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250.
- All of the top 30 global pharma companies are its customers.
The Group Financial Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledgers within the finance function, whilst providing accurate and timely management reporting requirements to key stakeholders within the Group. In doing so, they will also provide support and assistance to the Group Accounting Manager and the Group Finance Manager.
• Responsible for maintaining the general ledger for head office subsidiaries, including intercompany recharges and intercompany accounts. Responsible for the reporting of the monthly management accounts.
• Involvement in the completion of statutory accounts.
• Responsible for providing monthly cost analysis for central costs to the Senior Executive Team.
• Reporting of budgets and reforecasts for head office subsidiaries.
• Assist in internal & external audit queries.
• Help maintain and improve internal controls to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
• Complete balance sheet reviews of subsidiary companies and assist in the implementation of Oracle throughout the Group.
• Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
Competencies & Experience required for success in this role
• General ledger experience an advantage.
• Communicates openly with clarity.
• Teamwork and collaboration and the ability to build effective partnerships with all stakeholders.
• Proven record of achievement, with specific examples of process improvement achievements.
• Displays strong attention to detail and has experience working to tight deadlines.
• Excellent IT/financial systems experience.
• Recently qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA), preferably from a top 4 accounting practice background with around 2 years PQE experience.